You beat me to it.  Thanks Matt.   You are right that it is
a small bit of text.  On v5r3 and v5r4, the precompile should
only fail if you had tried to use the data structure or
subfields of the data structure in an SQL statement.  Although
the failure wouldn't have been as descriptive as saying the
third parameter is not supported. I haven't looked at what
was going on with it in v5r2.  I'm waiting on the
recreates from Rob.

Since I'm writing to the list, I thought that I should mention
that I am going to be starting a year leave of absence starting
in about 5 weeks.

Thanks,
Gina

----------------------------------
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:51:17 -0700
from: "Tyler, Matt" <mattt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: EXTNAME(DSPF) and SQLRPGLE

Sorry I forgot that part. Look on page 98 of the PDF version of the book
for V5.4. or at this link
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/r
zajp/rzajpdeclaringrpg.htm

It would have been better to be titled "What not to use with Embedded
SQL".

Thanks, Matt