Royalties refers to a manufacturer who produces an item that incorporates
a trademark, for example an alarm clock manufacturer would make an item w/
Mickey Mouse on it. For each clock they sell, they have to pay Walt Disney
a %, usually agreed on annually, it can also be percentages based on
seasons.

It is a billing process usually quarterly.

So it is not overly complicated, once it works. There are user requirement
s to change this % or that. Here, the user asks the manager and the
manager makes the change. I would have thought you have a screen interface
for them, but here we are talking about the highest level of management,
they don't really do that sort of thing,