This API doesn't accept any decimal fields. (i.e. no zoned or packed fields) so I can't see how it'd be possible to get a decimal data error from it.

You aren't passing any zoned or packed variables to it, are you?

The most common mistake I see with this particular API (and I don't know if it has any relationship at all to your DDE) is that people don't understand that the output format contains a time as well as a date. They try to send the output to an 8A field instead of a 17A field -- and that causes memory corruption.

The best way to troubleshoot something like this is to write a very short and simple proof-of-concept program just to eliminate all other factors that might be going on in your program. If your short, simple, proof of concept program has the same error post the code to this mailing list and we'll be happy to help you.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com