Larry Ducie wrote:
> My only question regarding xml-into is this: How deep can we fill a DS with
> xml data? If we have a DS which has a sub-field which is LIKE another DS,
> could I expect a 3-level xml doc segment to decompose into the whole
> structure - including the fields in the nested DS? Does the process handle
> this kind of structure?

Yes.  I'm not aware of any limit on the nesting level of the XML - I
tried up to about 20 nesting levels in my testing.

> Regarding entity references: I assume that, given the following xml:
>
> I would expect the parser to call the handler in the following combination
> of calls:

That looks correct to me.

> (Although I would imagine that it is possible that *XML_CHARS may be called
> several times for the same element if the data is very large.)

No, it would pass it all as a single event.  The data for an event can
be longer than 64K.  (You'd have to handle it some other way than with
an RPG based variable in that case.)

> Excellent work Barbara ? I will certainly have a good play with this once we
> get the upgrade!

Thanks Larry.  I'm glad the documentation was clear enough for you to
get such a good understanding so soon.