>Besides - don't you think that XML support will get a hell of a lot more
use than overloading?  Much as I'd like to have that support, XML is much
more important at this point in history.

I could have better stated that I think this is a great move by the compiler
team to keep RPG programmers alive in this next generation of SOA's.

I would have liked overloading and error throwing/catching enhancements more
than XML ones because I can use those everyday every where.  I only need the
XML related API's when I am doing web services. I must say that it was a
great political move.  I must also say that it is kinda revolutionary
because very few languages can boast XML support built right into the
compiler.

>it differs in this respect from EVAL-CORR where the only requirement is a
name match
It is a good thing we have long names built into the compiler so when the
XML crazies get there hands on a schema we can actually map
<PurchaseOrderRequestLineItemLongDescription/> to a RPG variable :-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog