Steve,

It seems we're now getting into the realm of writing the program for
you.  There are plenty of consultants here who would be happy to do
that for a fee, but then you wouldn't learn much from that.

start here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/books/c092508502.htm

look at these string handling built-in-functions:  %scan() and
%subst() - with these two bifs, you probably don't need to use array
processing.

there are plenty of looping techniques as well - look for the
operation codes DO / ENDDO or FOR / NEXT - both of which will be
adequate for looping until you've found the data you're scanning for.

Then, search the archives for examples of using these functions.
there should be plenty there:

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/index.htm

I'm not trying to be an a** about this, but I think this is an
exercise that would strengthen your coding and logic skills and it
would be unfair for us to write it for you.

Rick