From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Larry Ducie
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:27 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Date conversions

OK, dumb question:

I have a 8-alpha field containing a date in ISO format - '20060126'.

I have a 8, 0 zoned decimal print field requiring a date in EUR format -
26012006.

What is the easiest way to get from one to the other - in V5R3 free-format
RPG?

I can get this to compile, and it works:

A - 8-byte alpha.
B - 8, 0 zoned decimal.

B = %dec(%char(%date(%dec(A:8:0)):*EUR0):8:0);

But there MUST be an easier/cleaner way to do this in V5R3. Come on, what am

I missing?

Cheers

Larry Ducie