I like most of this post.

I did try the DSPATR(&VARNAME) technique but i stoped because the "position
cursor" attribute  is not supported (must be set by an indicators). Since we
use this a lot here  (to position the cursor on the first error encounterd on
the screen) and that we did not want to use different technique for different
attribute, we setteled on using indicators for display attribute (but giving
them meaningfull name).

I also want to stress that using the display file data structure to find out
the pressed key is the way to go. this way, all keys can be treated the same
way (function keys, page up/down, print screen, even enter).

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services technique TI
819 363 6130

SUPPORT
Jour (EST) Daytime : 819-363-6134
En-dehors des heures (EST) After hour : 819-363-6158
Network Status : 819-363-6157

>>> CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx 2006-01-12 14:29:08 >>>
I'm afraid you'd be shot for that here. <grin>

What's the use of having a long name if you don't use it?

If you want to group them, fine....but only in order to set/reset them all at
once.  Using a big long string to set some off and some on wouldn't fly.

Here's an example:

d gDisplayFileControl...
d                 ds                  qualified
d  FunctionKeys                   n   overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 1)
d                                     dim(24)
d     exit                        n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 3)
d     printList                   n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 5)
d     cancel                      n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 12)
d  PageUpDown                     n   overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 25)
d                                     dim(2)
d     pagedown                    n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 25)
d     pageup                      n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 26)
d  ReverseImage                   n   overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 51)
d                                     dim(10)
d     RI_PartNbr                  n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 51)
d     RI_Desc                     n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 52)
d     RI_VendNbr                  n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 53)
d     RI_AcctNbr                  n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 54)
d     RI_UOM                      n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 55)
d     RI_Class                    n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 56)
d     RI_Plant                    n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 57)
d     RI_Import                   n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 58)
d     RI_DrawCd                   n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 59)
d     RI_Spec                     n     overlay(gDisplayFileControl : 60)

In addition, note that you can use the file data structure to find out what key
has been pressed instead on using indicators.  Also, you can use the
DSPATR(&VARNAME) to control field attributes.

The only need for indicators in a display file is for certain keywords, like
SFLCLR, that need them.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America