I take an option 2 on customized menu on our AS/400 box , which calls an RPG
III program.
  There is nothing much special in this program which can may nt be a reason to
lock so many files.
  But once I run the option , come out and see  WORKJOB & 14. Display open
files, if active, it gives below number of locks.
  The list of locks is very big(only part of the list is shown below), Can some
one throw light how to go and trouble shoot this problem.
  I have also pasted a portion of the program , I didnt see any special in this
program or subsequent called programs that could throw these many locks.
  Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

                       Member/
File       Library    Device     Scope      Activation Group
QDUI80     QSYS       QPADEV001T *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
QDPGMRMN   QSYS       QPADEV001T *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
CTLFIL     LIBAIG     CTLFIL     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
CTLDEF     LIBAIG     CTLDEF     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
MENU       C90ENG     QPADEV001T *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
SYSPRM     C90FILES   SYSPRM     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
SECMNU     PROENG     SECMNU     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
ACTMNU     C90FILES   ACTMNU     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
ACTLOG     LIBAIG     ACTLOG     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
PRASTE     LIBAIG     PRASTE     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
RISKTE     LIBAIG     RISKTE     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PRASEI     LIBAIG     PRASEI     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 RISKEI     LIBAIG     RISKEI     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PRASED     LIBAIG     PRASED     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 RISKED     LIBAIG     RISKED     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PRASEC     LIBAIG     PRASEC     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 RISKEC     LIBAIG     RISKEC     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PRATNT     LIBAIG     PRATNT     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PPPTNT     LIBAIG     PPPTNT     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PRASSA     LIBAIG     PRASSA     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 RISKSA     LIBAIG     RISKSA     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
 PRASPS     LIBAIG     PRASPS     *ACTGRPDFN 0000000002 *DFTACTGRP
  I take a option 2 from a menu this calls an RPGIII program.
 SELEC#    IFEQ '2'
 SELEC#    OREQ '4'
           MOVE '1'       WFLAG2  1
           END
==========================
  SELEC#    IFEQ '2'
  SELEC#    OREQ '4'
            MOVE '1'       WFLAG2  1

==============================
 WFLAG2    IFEQ '1'
 *IN30     IFEQ '0'
           MOVE PPARM#    PPARM
           MOVE WKSTN#    WKSTN

            Z-ADD*ZEROS    PCOPY
            MOVE *BLANKS   PFILE
            MOVEL'YN989  ' PFILE
            CALL '@PROP'  PROPT
  CMD01     IFEQ '1'
            SETON                     30
            END
            END
            END

WFLAG2    IFEQ '1'
          MOVEL'RM8008' MSGID#
          ELSE
          MOVEL'RM8007' MSGID#
          END
          ELSE
WFLAG2    IFEQ '1'
          MOVEL'RM8006' MSGID#
          END
          END

  Thanks,

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
 Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!