I am attempting to use %EDITW to create a character field for a delimited file.

Here is my test code:

D num             s             13p 2 inz(14.56)
d neg             s             13p 2 inz(-14.56)
d string          s             26a
 /free                                             //  Result
   string = %editw(num:'-0          .  ');         //  STRING = '
0000000014.56           '
   string = %editw(num:'0          .  -');         //  STRING = ' 0000000014.56
           '
   string = %editw(neg:'-0          .  ');         //  STRING = '
0000000014.56           '
   string = %editw(neg:'0           .  -');        //  STRING = '
00000000014.56-          '
   *inlr = *on;
   return;
 /end-free

I have two problems.

1. The first character of the number is blank when I want it to be zero. (Not
the negative sign)
2. I can't get a leading negative sign.

Any ideas on how to get the leading negative sign to appear and other than
%subst how do I get the leading zero to appear?

Thanks ahead of time.

Marvin