You should be able to do the following (pseudo code)

Load subfilea
display subfilea
readc subfilea
load subfileb
display subfileb
readc subfileb
return those values to subfilea
update subfilea

That should work with no issues....

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Douglas W. Palme" <dpalme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/01/11 03:58 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: updating windowed subfile

Thanks Richard I at least now have that working although I have noticed
that
any data entered into the subfile A is lost upon the return from subfile
B,
with the exception of the data being passed from subfile B back to subfile

A......is there a way to avoid this?

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:19:51 +0100, Richard ECUYER wrote
> Beofre the update of the subfile, be sure to make a read (readc or
> chain or read)

mailing
> > > list
> > > at http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.
> > >
> > > --
> > > This is the RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries (RPG400-L)
RPG400-