You miss the point.  It's not going to come true "one day", it's already
true.  Today.  IBM is placing great emphasis on the iSeries, and
particularly on making it attractive to ISV's.  You say you've seen this
movie before, but you haven't.  You never saw a System/38 commercial in the
middle of a pro football game, nor did you see a multi-page spread in the
Wall Street Journal.  George Farr goes on the road explaining IBM's
commitment to RPG, and it shows in the absolutely fantastic work the
compiler team has done.  IBM is committing resources to the local user
groups like OMNI in unprecedented fashion: I think we have four IBMers at
our upcoming conference, and could have more if we had room.

No, IBM is doing EXACTLY what pundits said they would never do and rather
than embrace it, those same pundits seem to be trying to find things to
complain about, and to my mind the complaints are getting more specious
every day.

Me, I'll bet on the box, not the pundits.

Joe