From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Fisher, Don
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:20 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: free-format move *USA date value to 6-digit numeric in YMDfor
mat

While they do ship the compilers as separate programs, they are not
necessarily the same compilers that came with the previous releases.

After upgrading to V5R3, I discovered some of my SQLRPGLE programs could not
be compiled.  However, I could compile them on our V5R2 system. Compiling
them using TGTRLS(*PRV) on the V5R3 system was unsuccessful.  These programs
use /DEFINE with a /COPY member for data structure and prototype
definitions.

An awkward workaround was provided by IBM involving using the precompiler to
create the source and then compiling from that source.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<clip>
but actually they ship and support with PTFs the actually V5R1, V5R2, and
V5R3 compilers as separate programs.
<clip>