My new workstation is indeed a killer.  WDSC loads in 4-6 seconds.  Like any
craftsman, you pay for using the best tools.  But I only do that because I
use it for web application development.  RPG programming isn't exceptionally
better performing on this box than on my previous workstation, which was a
simple 3GHz Wintel machine with regular drives and 1GB of RAM.  Maybe $600
on today's market.  WWSC load time was 20-30 seconds, but you only do that
once a day (or less!).  All RPG programming was perfectly acceptable,
including verifies.  $600 for a machine that provides several major features
that green screen doesn't have (such as 60-80 lines per screen and color
coded syntax highlighting).

This is specifically about WDSC as an RPG programming tool.  Any further
discussions of WDSC costs and performance should be on the WDSC list.

Joe