On 1/2/06, Simon Coulter <shc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It depends on which release you are on. In 510 and 520 there are some
> things that can only be done in fixed-form.

Assuming you're talking about MOVE, maybe others?  Is there anything
"enhanced" post-v5r2?

Also embedded SQL has
> limitations that interfere with pure free-form. The solution to these
> is to put the fixed-form code in procedures thus getting it out of the
> way. I understand the SQL issues are being corrected.

Could you explain or provide a RTF link please?  I don't remember seeing
this mentioned before.

When they fix the stupid 80 column
> limitation on free-form and give me an OPTION(*FREEFORM) so the
> compiler will presume free-form unless told otherwise I'll reconsider
> it.

AMEN!  Yeah, 80-column limit su..., er, "vacuums"!  Love the
Option(*Freeform) idea.  While we're at it, eliminate required semicolons!

- Dan