Yeah... let's use behind for that... but what I was thinking of was more
to the front and lower....

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2005/12/29 11:18 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: RPG enhancements (was RE: free-format move *USA date value to 6-digit
numeric in YMDformat)

"kick in the b****"

back?
buttocks?
behind?
brain?

GM
> [...]
> (and they have done this especially when phasing out engines in the
> cavaliers a few years back).  Now you have the nightmare of calling up
for
> parts, making sure you got the right one cause you tell them you have a
> 2005 Cavalier with a 4 cylinder.  Problem is you've got the 2.4 litre,
and
> they think you have the ecotech 2.2.  You strip it down to replace the
> part, but guess what.  You got the wrong one.  Dumb dumb dumb.  I was a
> mechanic in a past life, sorry for the vent lol.
>
> Ron Power
> Programmer
> Information Services
> City Of St. John's, NL
> P.O. Box 908
> St. John's, NL
> A1C 5M2
> 709-576-8132
> rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.stjohns.ca/

> Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -

> Sir Winston Churchill
>

> Robert Cozzi <cozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 2005/12/29 10:50 AM
> Please respond to
> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: RPG enhancements (was RE: free-format move *USA date value to
6-digit
> numeric in YMDformat)
>

> James,
> Did you read my post? I don't understand how anyone would be able to
come
> up
> with your conclusions from my comments.
>
> -Bob
>

> On 12/28/05 5:07 PM, "James Rich" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Bob Cozzi wrote:
> >
> >> If all this java, java, java,  write-once run anywhere crap is true
> (which I
> >> do not believe in by the way) then why not make the compiler an
> independent
> >> thing that could be ported to say OS/400 V5R1 or Linux or FreeBSD or
> AIX?
> >>
> >> The bottom line is we used RPG III for years and years ( a decade? )
> before
> >> any enhancements were introduced except for ANDxx and ORxx. Oh and I
> think
> >> they stuck an ENDIF in there too. So why do we need enhancements on
> each and
> >> every release? Is this a U.S. Government "use it or loose it"
> mentality?
> >> In my view, IBM is making RPG IV harder and harder to learn use, and
in
> >> which to develop products. This can only add up to only one
outcome...

> > It seems that you would rather return to "the good old days" of RPG
III.
> > Is this true?  In my opinion, RPG III is a *horrible* language.  It
> > doesn't matter that many long lasting programs have been written with
> it,
> > RPG III is still a horrible language.  The miniscule feature set and
> > rotten syntax of RPG III limited what could be done with it and forced
> > awful coding practices on developers.
> >
> > I think the statement the RPG IV is harder to develop products with is
> > absolutely ridiculous unless the application consists of nothing more
> than
> > reading a primary file and writing a report.  In fact, many
applications
> > are *impossible* to create with RPG III.  I'm not talking about fancy
> > graphics that are simply wasteful, I'm talking about real, useful
> > applications that people need to get stuff done.  Applications that
save
> > money, time, and effort - not just in their development but also in
> their
> > use.
> >
> > I certainly hope there aren't any more decades where the only
> enhancements
> > to the primary language used on the iSeries is "ANDxx ORxx ENDIF".
Good