On 12/28/05, Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > There are two working test snippets of code below.  On my v5r2 box,
> TEST1
> > works, and TEST2 doesn't.  TEST2 issues RNQ0114 "The year portion of a
> Date
> > or Timestamp value is not in the correct range (C G D F)" for the
> statement
> > doing the %int(%char.
>
> This absolutely baffles me..  why this particular error?  Maybe it doesn't
> understand the DATFMT(*USA) on an array?  Have you tried leaving that off,
> and working with it as *ISO?

OK, just got around to trying that, and no change in the results, same
error.

FWIW, I never ever use DATFMT on a D-spec like you did, which might be why
> I never ran into this particular error.  Whenever I work with dates, I
> always work with them in *ISO format, and then when it's time to print
> them or whatever I want to do with them, THAT's the point at which I
> specify the format.
>
> In your case, since you're specifying *YMD0 for the output, why would you
> care what format the input is?

Well, I think you hit on it.  I use DATFMT on the D-specs.  I guess mostly
to do the output formatting on the definition.  (Hey, it's there, so...)

But, even so, your code SHOULD work... and in fact it does on my machine.
> (I'm at V5R3, but I specified TGTRLS(V5R2M0) when I compiled it.) and I
> see that others have tried it and didn't have problems on V5R2 either.
> Hmmm...

My superior deductive reasoning <tic> suggests it's probably the cume
level.  But I am surprised at not finding appropriate APAR or PTF hits when
searching for it.

Thanks for your suggestions!

- Dan