From: Holden Tommy [mailto:Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:22 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: My turn...LOL

Ok.  I'm working on a "generic" control file maintenance program using DSM.
The source members are as follows:

DSMAPI copybook
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=b261e7d246

KRCNTLD display file
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=c045f2bbcb

KRCONTROL control file
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=b8a046cb3f

KRCTLTYPD - Control Type Display File
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=cf41de646c

KRRCDHDR - Record Type Header File
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=a410ac4d26

KRRCDTYP - Record Type Master
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=00841eff7f

KRRCDTYPL1 - LF on KRRCDTYP
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=f6a956a2ff

SELRCDTYPD - Display file for selecting Record type
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=ba3f0258a5

KRCTNLDSM - KRCONTROL Maintenance Using DSM
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=0c0682d3d8

KRCTLTYPR - Control Record Type Maintenance
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=7d428019b2

SELRCDTYP - Select Control Record Type Prompt
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=492d455e48

SELRCDTYP - Prototype Copybook
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=5a6fde4989

FUNCTIONS - Workstation DS copybook
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=124803cd94

PGMSTSDS - Program Status DS Copybook
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=bb6e5494c5

In the KRCONTROL file there is a variable called VALUE.  This value can
contain many different layouts depending on the record type.  The KRRCDTYP
file contains the valid record types, "subfield" definitions, etc.  What I'm
trying to accomplish is to use DSM to build a dynamic screen based on the
definition in the KRRCDTYP file to maintain the data stored in the KRCONTROL
file.  The DSM screen build works fine but I'm running into some issues with
extracting the data received back for updating/inserting records.  If I get
this crap working I'm going to open source this freaking thing.  If anyone
wants to help me out with some of this stuff I'd really appreciate it.  If I
can't get this to work then we'll be adding new screen formats every time we
need to add a new record type, which I'd prefer not to do (I feel it's
easier to add a new record set in a file than to have to maintain a
mainteenance program & display...

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Thanks,
Tommy Holden