From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Tony Carolla
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:14 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: User Space extent

The user space will contain updated account numbers (3A + 9P 0, combined
into a 12A) that are collected from journal entries throughout the day.  The
number of elements can climb to 400k-500k a day (cleared out each night), so
I will rarely hit the ceiling (except maybe after a three-day weekend).  The
reason I hit the ceiling was due to a bug I created while writing the
program, but I wanted to know if there was a way to do the impossible, an
'insider trick', to bypass that 16MB limit.

Interesting... It piques my curiousity why the 16MB 'knob' can't just be
turned up... That really bytes (three times no less ;-)