Not sure where this should be posted. Either this list, Midrange-L, or
the CPF000-L list.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what would be a good way to handle
exception errors for RPG II programs? Up until May of 2005 the previous
programmer here wrote and maintained program in RPG II. That drives me
nuts. Regardless of that these programs seem to crash at least once a
day. It happens so often that the users think that answering the break
messages is actually a programming feature the previous programmer put
in place. I think that is unreal. Is there a way to change the default
break handling to do something other than present the message and allow
the user to answer?

The other problems are as follow:

There are over 400 CL programs with hardcoded libraries.

There are over 400 programs that don't have the correct source members
they were compiled from. The previous method of testing/implementation
was to creating a new test library for each project, compile programs
there, copy objects to the production library after testing,
occasionally copy the source member to the production source library,
and then delete the test library.

Finally, can anyone tell me the benefits of giving all of the users
*ALLOBJ special authority and setting their group profile to QPGMR?
What about the users that have *SYSOPR as their user class that aren't
really system operators?