From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Fisher, Don
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:06 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: Help with data area in RPG

One possibility would be to populate the local data area (*LDA) with
whatever information you want to store in the data area.  Another thought
would be to pass the information into the RPG program as parameters.  A
third possibility would be to create the data area in QTEMP using the same
name for the data area each time.

Will any of those work for you?

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<clip>
Create a data area using the 'userid' field in a CL program. This I have
done.  Where I am having problems is calling this data area in my RPG
program. I cannot get the created data area to read in my program.
The data area can be different depending on who runs the job.
<clip>