Is there any function to split a string into Array?

Something Like Array = SPLIT('abc,def,lkm':',')

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of HauserSSS
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:37 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: AW: Function to repeat Char n times >

If you know, you want to fill 5 * into one field, why not simply:
MyField = '*****';

If you don't want to use this, you can use the solutions you already got.

If you are already on release V5R3M0, you also can use the SQL Scalar
Function REPEAT:
C/EXEC SQL  :MyField = Repeat('*', 5)
C/END-EXEC

Birgitta