Asuming you want to add the user, time, date and program that did the last update, the trigger will be your best option. For user and date-time it is direct, create a D line with a variable alpha 10 inz(*user) and write it to your file. For date use either %date(), %time() or %timestamp().
In order to write wich program was used you need to call an API.

To find out the some of the programs doing currently the update you can journal the file.

Raul.

Mahesh Pawar wrote:

can you let me knwo how.?

FrankKany@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:  I think that a trigger program might help.

Frank W. Kany IV
Senior Programmer/Analyst Unipres USA, Inc.
(615) 325-8428 - Office
(615) 517-1742 - Cell
http://www.unipres.com

Mahesh Pawar
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/02/2005 05:55 AM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries

RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries cc

Subject
How to find who is updating particular PF ?

Hi all,

I need to add 2 new fields to a sales extract file and also populate them.The problem is I am not able to figure out how the file is getting updated.(which programs is updating this file)

Whats known:

The sales Extract file is journalled and the journal entries are created by a program which is a part of the datamirroring software. There is a constantly running batch job (also a part of Datamirror) which is most likely monitoring updates to the sales file. The object locks for this batch job has a *USRQ object which leads me to believe that the data from the sales file is written to the extract file using the *USRQ object. Since the Datamirroring package is a 3rd party tool, I do not have access to the source code.

I have verified that the Sales extract file is not DIRECTLY referenced/updated thru programs (scanned source members and also did a dsppgmref) / queries / Sqlpkg / dataareas / triggers).

How do user queues work?? Is there anything else that I need to check. Will appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks in advance.
Thanks & Regards
Mahesh Pawar