From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Donald Whittaker
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 9:54 AM
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Was: RE: [WDSCI-L] Wdsc issues Now: On RPG400-L

Mike,
   What I do in these cases is clone QADSPJR4 and dump
the entries to that clone.  The RPG program I use to
read the cloned file has numerous D-specs defining
externally described data structures, one for each
entry type I am dumping, using the QASYxxJ4 name as
the EXTNAME (no need to clone these files; the RPG
compiler will use the existing files to pick up the
structure).
   The program logic reads a QADSPJR4 record, checks
the entry type, and moves the data to the appropriate
DS.

Hope that helps,

Don Whittaker