Use external data structures and compare that way.

-----Original Message-----
    From: "gopal barnwal"<gbarnwal@xxxxxxxxx>
    Sent: 11/10/05 10:40:10 AM
    To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries"<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: RE: Comparing two records of a file
      Thanks for the reply guys.

    But I think there is some misunderstanding.  Actually
    there is only one file and in that file two records
    needs to be compared.  Please note that the fields of
    the file are numeric in between.  I don't really want
    to compare field by field and I am looking for
    something better.

    Please let me know if there is still any confusion.

    Thanks,

    Gopal