Are you saying that if  a program is created using 2 modules and the one
with *nomain has F spec that open a file.  When the program set on LR
and return, the file will remain open?

What you're saying here is true, and it was one of the things that has been mentioned in the thread -- in fact, I think this was the initial question -- though I was talking about something else in my most recent message.

I meant to say company policy is one module one program.  Meaning we use
CRTBNDRPG to create program.  We only use CRTRPGMOD if the module is
meant for service program (Still one module on service program).

Is it also your company policy to always specify NOMAIN in a service program? If so, your previous statements make sense.

IT's technically possible to make a service program with a main procedure, and call that main procedure from a regular program. If you do that, you could potentially set on *INLR in the service program to make it close it's files, just like a regular program would. Not that I'm recommending it, mind you, I'm just saying it's possible.

It's really the fact that they're modules with a main procedure vs. modules without a main procedure that impact what *INLR does, and not whether they're service programs or programs.