I also have much better luck with data structures.
I have a couple of programs similar to yours and in those I passed one
long string containing all 4 values. In the sender I lump all 4 into on
char variable and in the receiving program I use %SUBST to get each
individual item, if it then needs to be numeric on that side I just use
MOVE.

    Dave Reiher
    System Analyst
    Prairie Farms Dairy - Corporate
    dreiher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Booth Martin" <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/27/2005 10:39 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Passing Parms

In situations like this I sometimes change something, anything, to make it
break.  That sometimes shows me info.  Another thing, which I admit is a
foible, is that I prefer to pass a data structure and use only one parm.
Much easier for maintenance later on.

Booth Martin

http://www.martinvt.com