Hi,

I'm having a senior moment today, I think.

I'm just trying to whip up a subfile to collect some parms from the
user.  I want any errors that the program detects to go to a subfile
program message queue.

The problem is that error messages are not appearing on screen, rather,
they are appearing in the joblog in the second level messages.

I am trying to be just a bit tricky here.  I want to use a procedure to
send the messages, as in:

send_message('MSG0001')

and have the procedure do all of the messy bits necessary to call
QMHSNDPM.

send_message can be called from the main line of the program, or from
other procedures in the program, as well, so fiddling with the call
stack count could be problematic.

I'm sure the difficulty is probably in getting the message queue and
call stack set correctly, but so far, I haven't been able to get it to
work at all.

Code here:
http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=0977c17e46

Here is the detail from the joblog:

Display Message Details

 Message ID . . . . . . :   WMC0001       Severity . . . . . . . :   00
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   10/20/05      Time sent  . . . . . . :
13:15:53
 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
 CCSID  . . . . . . . . :   65535

 From program . . . . . . . . . :     WM0700R
   From library . . . . . . . . :     WMCLIB
   From module  . . . . . . . . :     WM0700R
   From procedure . . . . . . . :     SEND_MESSAGE
   From statement . . . . . . . :     25000

 To program . . . . . . . . . . :   WM0700R
   To library . . . . . . . . . :     WMCLIB
   To module  . . . . . . . . . :     WM0700R
   To procedure . . . . . . . . :     WM0700R
   To statement . . . . . . . . :     7700

Suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards,
Rich