OS:
V5R3

Environment:
There are 2 versions of a Budget Form Entry program (BQEF100) and display
file (BQEF100D). One pair in library BQ2006LIB (for the 2006 version of
Form-J) and one pair in library SOUTHERN for the 2005 version of the form.
Both versions of the RPG program do a user-open of the display file.
All other budget forms (A-I) only have 1 version (which all exist in
library SOUTHERN).

Abbreviation:
A/G = Activation Group

Here's the issue:

Initial RPG program BQEF00 runs in A/G: QILE.
After deciding that the current budget year is 2006, it does a CHGCURLIB
to BQ2006LIB
It then displays a menu of Budget forms
User chooses Form-J and BQEF00 loads/runs program BQEF100 (Form-J entry
program) from the BQ2006LIB library. This program has been compiled to run
in A/G: QILE_BQE
User exits BQEF100 with *INLR ON
Upon return, BQEF00 does RCLACTGRP QILE_BQE (which executes successfully)
and then displays the forms menu again
User now presses a function key to change budget year from 2006 to 2005
BQEF00 does a CHGCURLIB to SOUTHERN and displays the forms menu
User chooses Form-J again.

This SHOULD load the version of BQEF100 in SOUTHERN. The BQ2006LIB library
is nowhere in the library list and the QILE_BQE A/G has been deleted.

What's happening is that it's loading the BQ2006LIB version of the program
which BOMBS with a level check when it opens the display file in SOUTHERN.

What remnant of the BQ2006LIB version of the program in the job's
environment could possibly be causing it to load that version?

By the way, if the user (after switching to 2005) chooses any other form
first (which only have 1 version) and then chooses Form-J, it loads the
program from the correct library SOUTHERN).

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH THIS? THANKS.

Arthur J. Marino
Southern Container Corporation
(631) 231-0400 x133