From: rpg400-l-bounces+mradding=dpi-west.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces+mradding=dpi-west.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:24 AM
To: RPG Midrange
Subject: %EOF with READC

I know I'm going to kick myself as soon as I hit the Send icon because I'll see the error just a microsecond later.

But I cannot get the %eof() built-in function to work with subfiles. The

manual says it will (pages 479 and 710), but it doesn't like me. I have pasted what I think are the relevant pieces of code. Hopefully someone out there has better eyesight than I.

   FIT002FM CF E WORKSTN INFDS(WSDS)
   F SFILE(IT002B:RRN1)

   EXSR #Load; // Load the subfile

   EXFMT IT002BCTL; // Subfile control.

   READC IT002B; // Find the selection, if any.
   IF not %eof(IT002B);
   aaaaaa
   a 011400 Parameter IT002B is not valid for built-in function %EOF.
   %EOF is ignored.

From the WDS ILE RPG Reference manual (pg 710):

You can specify an indicator in positions 75-76 that will be set on when

there are no more changed records in the subfile. This information can also be obtained from the %EOF built-in function, which returns '1' if there are no more changed records in the subfile and '0' otherwise.

Thanks.