From: rpg400-l-bounces+jonathan.mason=astradyne-uk.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces+jonathan.mason=astradyne-uk.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Yivi
Sent: 26 September 2005 09:34
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: PREFIX and display files

The absence of the dot in 'SCRN.' was a typo when I wrote the message,
but
it's there in my source.
I added the *ALL parameter as suggested by Barbara, but it's not helping
much.
 ALFOFPANT has several records, some input fields, some output fields
and
some input/output fields.
 I keep receiving 7030 errors for each field in the file.
Even more, I get two 7030 errors per field. Once as *SCRN.field* and a
second error for *field*.
 Additionally, I get a 7581 error (the description says something about
ALFOFPANT having omitted or ignored fields, and that it will set to
X'00'
the new records; can't have an exact transcription since the error text
shows in Spanish).
 About Tony's suggestion:

> Also, on your D-spec, use the name of the format, not the filename. If
you
> have several formats, you can create a DS for each one.

I tried that, but it didn't work either. It complains about not being
able
to find the external description for the given records.
 Everything works perfectly if I don't try to use this feature, and this
feature works flawlessly for the rest of the files.
 Could the INDDS be working against me? Or the fact that some of the
field
names are being used on different records in the same file?

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions so far. If you have any other
ideas,
I'll be a happier person.
 Thanks and regards,
 I.-