>    1. RPG & UIM... (Holden Tommy)

Tommy,

I had an article in iSeries Network magazine in July of 2004 called
Free Utility: Work With Source.  One of the options in my tool is to
change a member's type or description (similar-ish to pdm).

It uses an exit pgm to process the list options and the exit pgm
 uses the Update List Entry (QUIUPDLE) api.

When control returns to the list pgm it's got the new value in it.

Hope this helps.

Not sure about ACTOR=UIM.

John