From: Barton, Mike [mailto:Mike.Barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:35 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: RPG Program and Display file interaction

>Here is the 1st  issue I am trying to resolve:  The user does something
on >the screen that causes the rpg program to display a message on line
24.  >The user then presses scroll up, down or the SFLDROP function key
and the >message remains because the dspf handles these functions and
the rpg >program has not yet received control.  Is there a keyword I
could be using?

not that I know of

>2nd issue:  User makes changes on the subfile and presses enter.
Program >displays a window with a confirmation message, waiting for user
response.
>Since the rpg program goes from exfmt of the subfile to exfmt of the
>window, the entries on the subfile are not rewritten in edited form.  I
>have tried using CHECK(RB).  It works somewhat.  Upon "field exit" it
will >right justify the input, however it will not edit in zeros below
the >decimals if the user only entered a whole number.

one way is to do a write of the subfile control record just before
your exfmt of window format.

HTH

Mike