"Look for a field in the file information data structure. - Paul"

You're right Paul...

   * Standard RPG feedback area 1-80
     DINFDS            ds
     D File              *FILE      * File name
     D OpenInd                 9      9      * File open?
     D EOFInd                 10     10      * File at eof?
     D FileStatus        *STATUS      * Status code
     D OpCode            *OPCODE      * Last opcode
     D Routinr           *ROUTINE      * RPG Routine
     D ListNum                30     37      * Listing line
     D SpclStat               38     42S 0      * SPECIAL status
     D RecordFmt         *RECORD      * Record name
     D MsgID                  46     52      * Error MSGID
     D NUM_RCDS              156    159I 0      * Num of records

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible."
-Anonymous-