Ya know....You shouldn't take it personally. <g>

The thing that's interesting to me is that he knows enough about
procedures to turn them into subroutines.  Just because RPGIV has been
around for ten years doesn't mean you have to use it.

Some folks do insane things with RPGIV.  One of the two other people in
my shop who uses any ILE features prefers not to use binding
directories.  He has complicated programs that use several service
programs that are almost impossible for anyone else to compile and bind
without careful research.  He's also in love with procedure pointers and
has huge blocks of code enclosed in conditional compilation directives.
Procedure pointers and conditional compilation directives are good
things, but....