All:

I am writing a quickie program to correct monthly
sales totals. I need to use SQL to perform the
select & sum of the monthly total from a Sales Invoice
Header & Detail file. When I compile
the source, I get the error message: Position 9 INTO
clause missing from embedded statement.

My embedded SQL:
C/EXEC SQL

C+ SELECT SUM(ILQTY) AS "SQLQT1", SUM(ILQTY * ILNET)
AS "SQLSL1"
C+ FROM SIH, SIL

C+ WHERE (SIINVN = ILINVN) and (SICUST = :CUSNBR) and
(ILPROD = :ITMNBR)
C+       and (SIINVD BETWEEN 20050701 and 20050731)

C/END-EXEC

I am also unsure if I need to specify the SQLQT1 and
SQLSL1 in quotes as listed,
or use :SQLQT1 and :SQLSL1 as is normal per RPG
defined variables in embedded SQL.

Thanks in Advance

Kevin Elliott
Business Analyst