"Tyler, Matt" wrote:>
> Barbara,
> <SNIP>
> Using the TIME opcode in RPG/400 is error prone, because the format of
> the date part depends on the job date format.  So you can't be sure that
> you really have the date in the format you expect.
> </SNIP>
>
>         Can I assume the same is true for RPG IV when using non-date fields
> with TIME?

Yes; it's something I never liked about the TIME opcode.

But at least for RPG IV, you could get the result in a known format by
using *JOBRUN MOVE to a real date.  Now (since V3R7), if you want to get
a character or numeric date in a known format, you can to TIME (or
%timestamp etc) to a real D or Z field, and then use %CHAR or %DEC to
convert to your desired format.