I do not reload the subfile. And the records are all there.  Even in the
unfolded screen the cursor is not positioning to the proper record.

Marvin

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:35 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Subfile Record positioning

Why use the folding function at all?  Why not let the unfolded view be a
second screen, with a new format name, and not be a subfile at all?

I suspect the problem is that when you reload the subfile with the
unfolded
record you have deleted or cleared the initial subfile, so there is no
longer a  record 4 in the subfile,

Booth Martin

http://www.martinvt.com