Rob,

Further testing has isolated the problem down to modules containing procedures with a /copy inside the procedure itself. /copy's in the main D-specs don't cause a problem. Unfortunately, all my procedures have a standard PSSR subroutine in them that is /copied in. Astericking those out provides a clunky work-a-round. This problem did not exist at V5R2. And, I did load all 5 PTF's you mentioned earlier.

Before I start haranguing IBM, Could you check and see if you have any procedures with a /copy in them and if so, do the breakpoints set ok on those modules? Or perhaps, just add a /copy of some source code into the test sample below. Thanks for your help.

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I created a simple program that utilized a subprocedure from a service program. Then I did STRDBG PGM(NELSON) UPDPROD(*YES)
F14=Work with module list
Program/module Library Type SRVPGM ROUTINES *SRVPGM
  SRVPGM                         *MODULE
NELSON ROB *PGM NELSON *MODULE
Set a breakpoint in SRVPGM here
370       C     WorkDate      SubDur    AnySunday     WorkNum:*D
Which is the first C spec in the subprocedure
CALL NELSON
And I think it was this line it first stopped on
358       P     DayOfWeek   B                   EXPORT
Then I did
F10=Step
and it went to the breakpoint.

Rob Berendt