Hello all,

I hope there's anybody who can help me with the challenge. Picture this:

*=========================================================================

* (Externe) Prototype Definitions
*=========================================================================
  // Submit clear
D QCmdExc         PR                  ExtPgm('QCMDEXC')
D  cmdString                    90A   Const Options(*VarSize)
D  cmdLen                       15P 5 Const

*=========================================================================

* Variabele declaration
*=========================================================================

D cmdString       S             90A
D cmdLen          S             15P 5
D pressNum        S              2A   Inz(*Blanks)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Main processing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*=========================================================================
* SrA999 Clear Optalex_Tx file with a submit
*=========================================================================
C     SrA999        BegSr
   /Free
    pressNum=%subSt(trgBufIn.file : 5: 2);

    cmdString='SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(*LIBL/POXTX0CL) PARM(pressNum))';

    CallP QCmdExc(cmdString: %Len(cmdString));
/End-Free
C                   EndSr
****************** End of data

When I catch the matching variable in the CL program POXTX0CL the value =
'pr". If tried the pass the value hard coded as e.g. '07', but when
compiling the compiler gives a "*RNF5377 20      1 The end of the
expression is expected. " on the quotation marks. Changing the data type
to numeric has also no influence, the received value is blanks en the
program comes back wit a decimal data error. The only thing I haven't
tried is a compile time array with completely valued command strings, but
I don't think that that's the solution for this problem.

I'll want to thank everybody in advance for thinking with me.
Armand
_____________________________________
H.P.J. Perquin
Ontwikkelaar AS/400