Rob,

Ever thought to do embedded SQL in a service programme (*SRVPGM)? Then you only
have to write one SQLRPGLE programme and keep it out of the main programme. (In
the iSeries Toolkit there is a sample, DYNSQL.)

I would rather see that the cursor naming is more flexible:

C*EXEC SQL
C* Fetch C(:ArrayIndex) into :SourceFile.Library, :SourceFile.File
C*END-EXEC

But you have to name each cursor seperately:

>C*EXEC SQL
>C* Fetch C1 into :SourceFile.Library, :SourceFile.File
>C*END-EXEC
>C*EXEC SQL
>C* Fetch C2 into :SourceFile.Library, :SourceFile.File
>C*END-EXEC

and, unfortunately, each SQL element gets the next sequence handle (with 8
Cursors):
Prepare 1 - 8
Open     9 - 16
Fetch    17 - 24
Close   25 - 32

Or perhaps prototyping the call to SQLROUTE and stick to plain RPGLE.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler