I did this when I was learning to do subprocedures so I am sure there is
a better way to do it. I also used a program from the book "APIs at
work" as a template.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Terry

 HNOMAIN
 * PROTOTYPE FOR PROCEDURE
D  GETOUTQ        PR            10
D  PINJOBNAME                   26    CONST OPTIONS(*NOPASS)
 * START PROCEDURE DEFINITION
P  GETOUTQ        B                   EXPORT
D  GETOUTQ        PI            10
D  INJOBNAME                    26    CONST OPTIONS(*NOPASS)
 * FIELD DEFINITIONS
D  FORMATNAME     S              8    INZ('JOBI0300')
D  INTJOBNAME     S             16
D  JOBNAME        S             26    INZ('*')
D  OUTQ           S             10    INZ
D  RECEIVELEN     S             10I 0 INZ(100)
 * ERROR DATA STRUCTURE
D ERRORDS         DS           116    INZ
D  BYTESPRV               1      4B 0 INZ(116)
D  BYTESAVL               5      8B 0 INZ(0)
D  MESSAGEID              9     15
D  ERR###                16     16
D  MESSAGEDTA            17    116
 * DATA STRUCTURE FOR QUSRJOBI JOBI0300 FORMAT
DQUSI030000       DS
D*                                             Qwc JOBI0300
D QUSBR02                 1      4B 0
D*                                             Bytes Return
D QUSBA02                 5      8B 0
D*                                             Bytes Avail
D QUSJN04                 9     18
D*                                             Job Name
D QUSUN04                19     28
D*                                             User Name
D QUSJNBR04              29     34
D*                                             Job Number
D QUSIJID02              35     50
D*                                             Int Job ID
D QUSJS07                51     60
D*                                             Job Status
D QUSJT05                61     61
D*                                             Job Type
D QUSJS08                62     62
D*                                             Job Subtype
D QUSJN05                63     72
D*                                             Jobq Name
D QUSJL                  73     82
D*                                             Jobq Lib
D QUSJP                  83     84
D*                                             Jobq Priority
D QUSON                  85     94
D*                                             Outq Name
D QUSOL                  95    104
D*                                             Outq Lib
D QUSOP                 105    106
D*                                             Outq Priority
D QUSPDN                107    116
D*                                             Prt Dev Name
D QUSSJN                117    126
D*                                             Subm Job Name
D QUSSUN                127    136
D*                                             Subm User Name
D QUSSJNBR              137    142
D*                                             Subm Job Num
D QUSSMN                143    152
D*                                             Subm Msgq Name
D QUSSML                153    162
D*                                             Subm Msgq Lib
D QUSSOJ                163    172
D*                                             Sts On Jobq
D QUSDPOJ               173    180
D*                                             Date Put On Jobq
D QUSJD                 181    187
D*                                             Job Date
 * USE JOB NAME IF PASSED TO SUBPROCEDURE OTHERWISE USE CURRENT JOB
C                   IF        INJOBNAME <> *BLANKS
C                   EVAL      JOBNAME = INJOBNAME
C                   ENDIF
 * CALL JOB INFORMATION  API
C                   CALL      'QUSRJOBI'
C                   PARM                    QUSI030000
C                   PARM                    RECEIVELEN
C                   PARM                    FORMATNAME
C                   PARM                    JOBNAME
C                   PARM                    INTJOBNAME
C                   PARM                    ERRORDS
C                   EVAL      OUTQ = QUSON
 * RETURN THE DEFAULT OUTQ
C                   RETURN    OUTQ

P  GETOUTQ        E