I realize that jobs are hard to come by, but I won't be micro-managed in
that manor. I'm much more productive when I write code the way I write
code. I realize the need for coding standards, and will abide by those
standards. But standards should not dictate coding style.  But, what
difference does it make if you use Code, WDSc, or SEU? The source still
goes to the source file. (Unless you're working from the IFS). And, I love
free form RPG. I just interviewed for a position with another company, and
I asked if I could use both WDSc and free form. The said no problem, as
long as the code met their standards. And this is a shop of over 20
developers.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             "Kimaly Mayhew"
             <mmayhew@robertal
             lendesign.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/09/2005 10:27          RE: Anyone not using WDSC for RPG
             AM                        development

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

I agree completely! That is how I managed to write a new program in /free
here. When I was told I should do that and that I was supposed to code in
all caps (ugh... haven't done that in over 10 years!), I said that I would
train everyone. I had the cd from my old job and was in the process of
installing when told, no, no....