Hi Charles,

If its no trouble would you mine passing me the code you have ???

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wilt, Charles
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 08:19
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: 3UP LAbels Revisited

Tom,

Looks like you've gotten some good information.  But I didn't see anyone
mention my technique...

What I've done is create a printer file that has 1 row worth of fields.
The fields all have the DDS keyword POSITION defined using a variable
field instead of a static value.

The printer file needs to be defined as DEVTYPE(*AFPDS), but PSF/400
isn't needed unless you are printing to *IPDS printers.  If you are
printer to LAN attached ASCII printers, like an HP, Host print transform
will convert the *AFPDS to ASCII without trouble.

When I did this, I was in fact printing 3up Avery labels to a HP
printer.

I could probably get you a copy of the code & DDS if you are interested.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
--
iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer Mitsubishi Electric Automotive
America