Hi Rob,

          Infact I did not try this out in production as I thought

          this might not be the right realm for experimentation,

          So I thought I will get some expert opinion before I try

          Something adventurous.

             Most of these objects are compiled by some developer

          at the time of checkin and I am really not sure what option

          they have given while compiling. Now re-creating them in the

          Production involves RED TAPE (approval from different pple)

          Anyway thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

S.chand

message: 3

date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:39:31 -0500

from: rob@xxxxxxxxx

subject: Re: Regarding DDM file & STRISDB

The name of the DDM file.  Did you try that, and have a problem with it?

know that SQL doesn't like DDM.  Are you saying that STRISDB doesn't
like

DDM?  Or haven't you tried it?

An alternative is to CRTRPGPGM OPTION(*SRCDBG) or OPTION(*LSTDBG).  Read

the help on it.  With that, you shouldn't need access to the actual
source

to debug.  You could use the command STRDBG OPMSRC(*YES) to debug
instead

of STRISDB.  Slightly different, but as you move from archaic RPG to
RPGLE

you'll either go the STRDBG route or use the GUI debugger available with

CODE/400 or WDSc.

Rob Berendt