On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 22:47 +0200, Carel Teijgeler wrote:
> Mahesh,
>
> On an empty file the first read will turn *IN90 on and you will not enter the
> DO-loop.

This is not true.  If the file is overridden to EOFDLY, as the original
poster is alluding to, it won't matter if it's empty or not.  _Any_ read
to the overridden file will block until a record becomes available.

See my previous post from a few hours ago.  I started with an empty file
and it *works*.  This stuff has been working since I started on S/38 way
back in '85.

Probably the real issue is that the override is not in effect when the
file is opened, and as such, then your statement is true.