From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Marla Snow
Sent: 30 June 2005 16:05
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LDA with various pgms

Hi,

I am trying to add better functionality to a report selection program.  We
currently have a lot of programs that allow the selection of criteria for
reports.  These programs are used in a lot of places so I can't change them.
Each program uses the *LDA to pass the selection criteria back and forth with a
CL program (which then takes the data from the LDA and puts it into a field).
Right now, if someone presses F3 it will exit out of the whole selection
process.  The CL will be calling about 6 programs in a row.  F3 ends the whole
thing.  I want to be able to give the users the ability to press F3 and just
have it go back to the previous selection screen, this way they won't have to
start at the beginning unless they want to.

I changed the logic to have each program called in an RPG program which would
then put the data into a field, which would then be passed to the next program
(which will create the work file).  My problem is that after each call I am not
seeing the data that is updated in the *LDA.  Do I need to do   "IN *LDA" after
each call?  Is there a way to access the data after the return from each call?

Thanks for any help!

Marla Snow