Well, with all of the complexity hidden, they wouldn't need us, now would
they? I have a problem with blanket statements like that one. "All of the
complexity should be hidden." This type of statement allows the stater to
use it and direct it at anything he or she finds contrary to his/her taste.
"It's too complex". Granted, I agree that keeping things reasonably simple
is a principle of good programming, but like all principles, they must be
applied together to make a good product. If my only goal was to make things
simple, I would say use WRKQRY and DFU for everything. simple. Runs forever,
and can't accomodate all the need, but heaven knows, that nasty complexity
is gone.