James,

What's your point?  You'd be more appt to use ILE RPG IV techniques if the
called it something besides RPG?

I agree that ILE RPG IV is different enough from RPG that IBM could have given
it a completely new name.  In fact, that might of been quite beneficial.
Instead of people hearing "RPG Developer" and thinking "green screen,
monolithic, costly to modify applications".  They could hear, oh how about
"Lightning Developer" so they think "high speed, easily maintained, modular
applications, with your choice of UI."

Yeah, that would be sweet.

Instead, IBM chose to emphasize the similarities and the ease of migration
between RPG III and RPG IV.

I assume, one reason for this emphasis was to convince people to migrate.

Doesn't seem to have worked very well.  To bad they didn't just rename it.  But
hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343