I had to set my time session attributes from *HMS to *USA to create the
file.  Otherwise I would have to read the SQL reference because the
simplistic STRSQL prompter does not allow you to specify a time type on
the CREATE TABLE prompt.
I'll wager that you're right.  If I set my session attributes back to *HMS
it probably would have read the file correctly.

I'm not sure that "got change to 09:05:00 in sql" is a correct way of
thinking about it.  Was your session attribute on the remote system *HMS?
or what?

Would
H timfmt(*hms)
help?